View Single Post
Old 12-24-2021, 06:02 PM   #33
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
I'm not for a LB in round two; unless he's a cover backer that allows you to move on from Sorensen.

any other way you slice it, you're taking a second round pick to play two downs. Either benching Bolton or taking your #2 off the field on 3rd down. I'd be more for signing a SAM in FA as it's the least difficult spot to find a decent player at between the 3 LB spots-not including a nickel and dimebacker, which are more safety/hybrid roles.

So, I would absolutely pass on Harris in favor of a WR, CB, or physical safety type that could make us forget Sorensen exists.
Harris is primarily a coverage LB/WILL only type. He's much better out in space than he is filling at the LOS. He would be filling the Sorensen/Niemann role IMO.

Gay is our SAM and it's probably the best spot for him.

I do think this defense will move towards a model that is less reliant on safeties but just don't think they've had the LBs built up to make it happen to this point. It's slowly moving that way though. Veach has addressed LB repeatedly since he's come on board but not all of it has worked out.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.