View Single Post
Old 02-11-2024, 01:31 AM   #12
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by UteChief View Post
Looks like I can catch part one in theaters, before part two comes out. I have never seen part one or the original film. Anything I need to know?
DO NOT watch the 1984 movie. EVER. It is an absolute abomination, and completely butchered what many consider to be the best science fiction novel ever written. I saw that vile turd in the theater and wanted to die when it was over. I consider it to be one of the worst movies ever made, and it is hands down the one I hate the most. If I ever meet David Lynch I will spit in his face. The low budget Syfy miniseries was better, but not by much. And watching either will needlessly spoil the upcoming movies for you.

I highly recommend reading the original 1965 novel, which is one of my all time favorites. But since Part 2 is out in less than a month and you want to see Part 1 in the theater as well, you should probably wait until you've seen them both. I've known how Part 2 is going to end for over 40 years. I envy you for being able to experience it for the first time on the big screen done correctly.

Part 1 was about as close to the source material as could be hoped for. There are a few differences, but nothing major. I expect Part 2 will be the same.

Villeneuve is awesome. He's already delivered great things, and I expect that to continue.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote