View Single Post
Old 04-14-2024, 01:51 PM   #22
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
After 1 game about 50 people here already tossed in the towel in typical "Overreaction Planet" fashion.
Believe what your eyes tell you, not what your heart feels.

Nearly all of us and at a minimum a vast majority has seen this team in the Keller, Duffy, and Ventura era.

Another big chunk have watched the Meche, Suppan, Appier periods.

And the old farts like me have had to endure Runelvys Hernández, Scott Elarton.

We ALL know the difference between a really bad team, an average team, an over achiever, an under achiever, a good and great team.

At this point, if you don't realize that this 2024 Royals team is average at best and trending down, you need to remove your homer goggles.

I love our team and have spent 53 years rooting for them when it was hard as hell to do and I didn't have other fans to console me after all the loses. I grew up in NJ. There were no Royals fans that I knew.

Ventura and the World Series delivered incredible joy and pride.

Now after 2 World Series appearances and non-stop winning we have hit an off decade. It's easy to do in MLB and we lasted longer than most small market teams do winning all the time.

Many of you see it but have remained overly optimistic. God Bless your devotion. I did that already for 50 years and now I can be much more realistic after the WS wins.

Do yourself a favor and be honest with yourself. You see it, you feel it and you know it.

This team has no chance in the playoffs. Don't try to tell me anything can happen, because it really doesn't. Yeah, a neat play here or there or maybe a win against a shit team but even now that is unlikely.

This team is burnt out. Since Spring Training not a ****ing thing has improved and in some cases has gotten worse: Outfielders and pitching in particular.

When your top two stars are ****ing up and look like they need a month off to rest, you know you are in trouble.

I pray everyone stays healthy, we shut this shit show of a season down, rest our franchise SS before he gets injured or killed. The dude was running for his LIFE on the bases all day and our hitting has also gone backwards.

We have a great young defense, can focus on pitching for draft and signing FAs to rebound in 2025.

From coaching, to base running issues to pitching, this has been a brutally ugly season.

Time to turn the page on 2024 and get our shit fixed ASAP cause it ain't gonna change in 2024.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote