Thread: Wr round 1
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2020, 03:01 PM   #32
MVP

I've been thinking about this, and I'm sure Veach does... Who do we have draft resources to replace or could we get the draft resources to replace? In my mind, right now, Sammy Watkins is not on that list. I don't think you can go out and get a WR of his caliber in the draft without spending a high pick, and then you're not going to replace those draft resources by trading Sammy. If you cut Sammy, you're losing the potential for any draft resources and all you are gaining is money. You're not replacing Sammy with a like receiver for less money than you could realistically spend if you restructure and extend him.

On the other hand, a player you can get substantial resources from and replace with those draft resources and still likely gain is Chris Jones. Jones is, in all likelihood, brining you a 1st round pick plus another pick and you're keeping free probably over 17.5 million per in cap space. So, even if you spend a 1st to replace Jones, you still gain a pick and probably 15 million to add to the roster after you deduct for added draft pick salaries. As much as I like Jones as a player, I really think the best way to make this team better is to tag and trade him and keep Sammy on an extension.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.