View Single Post
Old 02-26-2019, 10:13 PM   #1501
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
I will warn you, it is a serious undertaking. Luckily one of my best friends is a high level computer geek, and with his assistance/supervision I've done most of the work on my last couple of builds. Swapping out components once it's done isn't so bad, but I wouldn't attempt an actual build without him actually being there. It's a bitch. So many ways you can screw it up, and expect at least one component to be defective, even if you paid enough that it shouldn't be. Last time one of my RAM sticks was bad. The hardest part, though, is running all the goddamn cables and making sure they're connected in the right spots. It's not exactly intuitive.

Unless you are completely confident in your ability, I strongly suggest that you find somebody knowledgeable and experienced to help you. And get a big case. That makes it much easier, but even then it's a major pain.

Good luck.
Yeah, I've got a couple buddies that are long time PC gamers/builders. Might have to offer them some booze to help.
ShiftyEyedWaterboy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ShiftyEyedWaterboy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ShiftyEyedWaterboy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ShiftyEyedWaterboy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ShiftyEyedWaterboy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ShiftyEyedWaterboy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ShiftyEyedWaterboy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ShiftyEyedWaterboy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ShiftyEyedWaterboy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ShiftyEyedWaterboy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ShiftyEyedWaterboy must have mowed badgirl's lawn.