View Single Post
Old 02-19-2016, 11:40 AM   #1616
Keepin it Real

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
If you're trying to up your smoker game on a Traeger, give this a shot:

https://www.outlandusa.com/p/a-maze-...FYGFaQodpc0PgQ

People absolutely swear by them. I've thought about grabbing one just to do small smokes on my Weber instead of getting out my smoker and using a whole bag of charcoal.

The grill marks aren't the issue, the maillard reaction is. Sure, you can get a little of it as low as 300, but to get a legitimate char on things like steaks, you need to be in the 600+ range, IMO. Just a quick kiss at those temperatures (again, using a 2-stage fire for things like pork or chicken breasts) does wonders for the flavor.
I bought one last spring. It does help. My torch shit out and I haven't replaced it yet. So, I haven't used it an awhile.
Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.