View Single Post
Old 05-18-2022, 10:09 PM   #82
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcclone View Post
Be very careful not to burn him out. That sounds like a lot of training for an 8 year old. Does he play other sports? Playing other sports will help him with soccer and take some of the pressure off. Also, hedging a little is always smart, especially if he’s a run of the mill club player.

What you’re describing is probably more age appropriate for an 11-12 year old. Just my two cents.
He hasn't yet but he has expressed some interest in basketball. This next winter we are going to do Rec basketball but he has no interest in any other sports.

I was a bit worried about the burn out but he loves it and it means time exercising vs. time in front of a video screen. His neighborhood friends go outside only when their parents force them too and he loves being outside. So he would rather be at a training session than sitting inside. He has been very busy but we are taking the summer off while still doing some fitness and soccer training. He thrives on all of that right now and has told me several times he would rather go exercise than sit inside at a friends house playing video games.
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.