View Single Post
Old 05-18-2022, 10:05 PM   #80
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by petegz28 View Post
My Wife and I keep telling him that one day his hard work is going to pay off. He takes private soccer lessons from a very good Coach. I wish he could play for him but the Coach is so good he has the sack to tell my Son point blank why he is not good enough yet to play for him and what he needs to do.

He also is taking agility training and general physical fitness training. All at 8 years old and all to get better at soccer. On top of that there is the training at home.

I have no problems paying or any of it as long as it's what he wants to do. And I love to see the drive and determination in him. I think it will pay off in the long run for both sports and life in general. He is learning at an early age that just because you love something doesn't mean it will come easy or without a cost.

Be very careful not to burn him out. That sounds like a lot of training for an 8 year old. Does he play other sports? Playing other sports will help him with soccer and take some of the pressure off. Also, hedging a little is always smart, especially if he’s a run of the mill club player.

What you’re describing is probably more age appropriate for an 11-12 year old. Just my two cents.
kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.kcclone must have mowed badgirl's lawn.