View Single Post
Old 01-22-2021, 09:13 PM   #41
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
Are you going to argue that the Chase Young Niang squared off against when Young was a Sophomore is the same Chase Young that Mayfield squared off against as a Junior? I don't think so.

That said, Niang was a catalyst for making Young a better player and focusing on his technique, so that's good for Young and a testimate to Niang using sound technique to beat pure athleticism.

While I do have some hope that Niang will become a good RT in this league, I do question him not wanting to be around for his rookie season. I get that COVID is "no joke" but are top athletes really an at risk group? I don't know, I'm not going to label him a pussy but it just doesn't sit well for me especially in that toughness department.

Anyhow, I'm not putting my eggs in any particular basket and, unlike some, I still consider RT on the table in round 1. To me, round 1 isn't for "playmakers," its for pillars. I consider OT a pillar. Argue all day on that one and my mind won't be changed.

I agree with a few others that interior offensive line, particularly Center, is a must have by the end of round 4 and I prefer a day 2 pick. I don't think you can go into 2021 with the current O-line and a couple round 6 guys. I just don't think you put Pat in that situation where he's going to have to wait until at least 2022 to see an improvement, if not 2023. Sure, you can patch in a couple shitty free agents, but generally they are exactly that. I don't mind Kilgore, actually, and wouldn't mind him back over Reiter but Reid has his odd loyalties.
OT at least has a higher value. It wouldn't be terrible in the 1st. I'd rather have other positions but OT isn't a bad thing. IOL would be though.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.