View Single Post
Old 02-13-2016, 04:42 PM   #1482
In Search of a Life

First time ever spatchcocking a turkey, and I'm feeling a bit out of my comfort zone, since I really enjoy cooking whole turkeys in the traditional way. I'm going with a basic salt&pepper season, along with some garlic. I'll drop some light herbage on it at the end, along with some chili paste, baste it with a butter/oil combo, and give it a whirl.

The good news is that, even if the turkey turns out lousy, company's coming with several bottles of wine, so there's always the liquid dinner to fall back on.

edit: It cooked faster, and the flavor was about what was expected, though not as good as when I go with the full bird. Next time, I'll try it on a bed of carrots and potatoes (ATK style).

Last edited by Just Passin' By; 02-13-2016 at 07:07 PM..
Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.