View Single Post
Old 03-23-2019, 11:58 AM   #26
Award Winning Tailgater

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
I pretty much knew my family history as there were family Bibles and DAR/SAR memberships. Most were Norman French Huguenots that had to hide out in Belgium and Germanic states until the late 1600s and early 1700s and landed around Philadelphia and a small group in North Carolina. We did pick up some Scots and Irish along the way moving west with land bounties. I even found a couple books that documented some of the family exploits over the years, including a many times grandfather of my grandmother that spent a few months with Andrew Jackson as a guest of the *#&^@ Brits in Charleston. Another family all got kicked out of the Quaker Church, so they just said screw it, we'll just be Methodists. The newcomers were my great-grandmother's family that came from Alsace in the mid 1860s. She lived to be 107 and we lived in the same small town for many years, so she had some great stories about Kansas City. She was the first of her family to be born in the US. So far I've found I'm descended from 11 Revolutionary War soldiers, including one with my surname.
That's really cool. Yeah, I have some similarities there too. My 13th GG was a co-founder of Stonington, CT and his family/descendents fought in the Revolutionary War. A 4th cousin was killed at the Battle of Big Horn, stuff like that.
Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.Monty wants to die in a aids tree fire.