View Single Post
Old 03-28-2019, 11:20 AM   #246
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
That was kind of my take on it. I also think "Deep" sometimes is code for meh. and not much separation.

The pitching high end guys are hopefully just now getting to the big club so that should help.
When you're talking hitters I will agree that 'deep' often means 'meh'.

But with pitching, quantity has a quality of its own. Guys get hurt and relievers are volatile as hell. When you know that 1 or 2 guys you counted on in the bullpen will likely be ineffective and another 1 or 2 guys in your rotation will likely be injured/ineffective at some point, having 3-4 guys that you trust to come in and be league average is huge.

Especially when league average starting pitching cost $12-$14 million/season and 8th inning guys cost $8-9 million.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.