View Single Post
Old 03-27-2020, 04:35 PM   #70
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepPurple View Post
While I'm in the mood of putting up videos, my favorite performance act is Uriah Heep, who I saw live in '75 featuring the late David Byron on vocals. Most times their shows ended with David singing while on his back. He did exactly that when I saw them and I just figured it was part of his act. Years later I read he was usually too drunk to stand up by the end of the shows. The band fired him in '76 and they never achieved the fame they had with Byron. Sadly David died alone in 1985 from Cirrhosis of the liver. The bassist in the video Gary Thain, considered by many as great, died shortly after I saw them in '75 after being electrocuted on stage. There is not a lot of live video from David Byron's '69 to '76 years with the band, this is probably the best. Live at Shepperton 1974, six songs 20 minutes. The band is still touring, however Mick Box the guitarist is the only remaining original member.

Good Lord. Uriah Heep (the original lineup) has always been a favorite of mine. Several of us in '73 got together and went to the concert at University of Louisville....My god they were great!! Long John Baldry opened for them.

They held the show on the baseball field. The Moog Synth was relative new at the time and when Ken Hensley went into a rather long solo - people stopped their cars on the overpass. I'm fairly certain they thought we were being invaded by aliens. I have remembered that show fondly ever since. Seems like it about $5 to get in.......

Last edited by Randallflagg; 03-27-2020 at 05:48 PM..
Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote