Thread: Movies and TV New Star Wars TV & Film Repository
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2021, 05:22 PM   #183
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
Between those issues and Obi Wan's outright lies about R2D2, C3PO and Anakin really messed everything up, IMO. Then, add the fact that Owen Lars doesn't instantly recognize C3PO, when he was their droid for at least 10 years, which is extremely odd as well.

I'll be curious to see how many changes are made to the OT once Andor and the Obi Wan series air.
The end of ROTS always bothered me, it makes no sense but everybody accepted it because it moved all the pieces to place for ANH.

They act like it's a plan, but the plan is like, let's hide Luke on Anakin's home planet, living with Anakin's family, and make no attempt to conceal his identity. No attempt will be made to train Luke or Leia in the force. Obi-Wan and Yoda will go into hiding for no apparent reason. And we'll all just wait around for something to happen. To me, Owen not recognizing C3PO is one of the easier things to explain away, since protocol droids look the same.

I assume the Obi-Wan series will fix and/or explain some of it, but still. George really should have thought this stuff out when he started working on the prequels.
Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.