View Single Post
Old 03-22-2021, 12:18 PM   #52
World's Best Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
I've watched three times so far and unfortunately, I'm pretty mixed about Episode 1.

I didn't really care about Sam's backstory because it was lazy writing. I just find it incredibly hard to believe that not only was he not paid by anyone to be an Avenger but apparently, wasn't given a reward of money for helping to destroy Thanos and his army, while helping to return 4 billion people and the other half of non-intelligent life! I realize that people, and especially governments, around the world are selfish pricks but good grief, that doesn't even seem to be even remotely believable.
This is where Marvel’s cinematic and comic universe tend to struggle when trying to tell individual stories in a “connected” universe. It’s like how Iron Man 3 somehow had Tony Stark get obliterated by rockets by an earth based invader on a U.S. coast (how?) without SHIELD ever lifting a finger throughout that movie. You just have to turn your brain off to the connectivity of the universe sometimes (when the writers clearly do).

Both Peter Parker and Sam’s meager economic situation makes zero sense with their connection to the Avengers/Tony. The only thing would be if Tony Stark had a Bezos like selfishness to his wealth... but I don’t want to give someone like Rian Johnson any ideas to “explain” this leap in logic like he did for Luke in TLJ. Some of these leaps in logic are better left unexplained, I suppose.

Last edited by Chiefspants; 03-24-2021 at 08:28 PM..
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote