Thread: Chiefs XFL Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2020, 03:46 PM   #112
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
Explain this to me...

It's the same guy (ironcially the fake wrestling guy) who started the the other league last year (or the year before, forgot).

They closed up shop during the middle of the season, yet everything you read on it for looking for talent said the NFL was supporting this new league, yet it shut down.

What difference does this year make? For a guy that has enough money to start up a leauge or who is a good enough smooth talker swindler, no clue how this one is going to make it.
The AAF was shut down by a greedy investor. Vince McMahon on the other hand knows he's going to lose money early and he's OK with it. Besides, it basically just tried to be minor league football. The xfl has cringey gimmicks but a lot of them work too. The xfl also benefits from now having their pick of players and coaches instead of diluting the talent between two leagues.

What bothers me about mcmahons approach is I still don't like the idea of putting these teams in major sports markets. The xfl should be in Birmingham, Oklahoma city, Columbus, Orlando, etc... Can you imagine the following if Landry Jones played for okc and Cardale Jones played in columbus instead?
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.