View Single Post
Old 10-07-2021, 06:56 AM   #156
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1020 View Post
How was Scherzer fortunate last night? Was it his best performance? No. But the only run he gave up was unearned. He was in less overall trouble than Wainwright. The only reason the Dodgers had to bat in the 9th was because the fastest player in the game swung at ball 4 with the bases loaded and broke his bat while putting the ball in the only location where he could be doubled up.
The run he allowed was an earned run. The Cardinals had multiple base runners in scoring position and couldn't do anything with them. Granted, that means Scherzer made some pitches when he needed to but if you want to hang your hat on that being a performance in line with an ace pitcher, go ahead. Look, the Dodgers won the game and that's what matters. I'm looking at it from a totally objective standpoint, I have no dog in the fight. I'm guessing you're a Dodgers fan so surely you're aware of Scherzer's past several starts? My overall point is that if you get that version of Scherzer, I don't think the Dodgers can win a series against the best team in baseball in 2021. Best of luck in the next round.
Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.