Thread: Movies and TV Marvel Animation: X-Men '97
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2024, 10:49 AM   #16
You gotta kill a few people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urc Burry View Post
I guess?

It’s not stopping me from watching, and enjoying it. But there’s a good number of people who will see the headline and say **** that. They are not gaining a single fan by doing this, and it will for sure turn a bunch of people off. I want to see X-men succeed
The irony is in you crying about “wokeism” in, undoubtedly, Marvel’s most woke IP.

The franchise has been rife with social commentary since its inception. There are clear parallels to real world racism, xenophobia and LGBT acceptance at pretty much every turn. The entire thing is clearly a metaphor for the Civil Rights Movement complete with analogues of Martin Luther King Jr (Professor X) and Malcolm X (Magneto).

The movies aren’t subtle either. If you remember Iceman first telling his parents he was a mutant in X2 (“Have you tried not being a mutant?”); that’s obviously a play on the unique LGBT experience of “coming out”. X3 dealt with the mutant cure which could easily be interpreted as an allusion to real world conversion therapy.

Idk, man. It seems obvious to me. You seem sincere but you’ve really gotta pick your battles sometimes. I don’t think this is the one.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote