Thread: Skyy Moore
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2022, 03:13 PM   #139
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
So it does kinda of change the calculus with the WR high end money just exploding. Yes, you'd love to have that alpha at WR (Tyreek, Chase etc) at some point. But to pay him, it's gonna cost alot and usually to draft them it's gonna take a higher pick now.

With Mahomes at QB, you don't need WR's as much to make him look good as you do need him to make WR's. So just keep stocking the position with as much talent as you can and see what comes of it.
Sure. There's no question that the explosion in WR costs made the ability to get a productive player more valuable than ever before. And again, with our OL and QB, maybe floor is where we SHOULD focus in this WR market.

But more valuable doesn't mean he's a better player. It means the intersection of supply/demand has shifted - it doesn't make Moore any more likely to be a WR1 though.

I'm simply saying that this isn't the path I'd have taken. I'd have prioritized another DE (where the top of the market ALSO exploded and we have fewer guys capable of contributing, IMO) while taking someone like Tolbert who I see more upside with and then layering at WR w/ someone like Austin instead of taking 5 DBs.

I just don't see how you hit it and quit it at DL and WR while also taking two guys who's appeal is in their floor. I didn't want to trade up because I wanted to be able to stack ceiling and floor. We didn't really aggressively trade up (still made 10 picks) - we just got too locked in on floor and defensive back, IMO.

And I think we have a segment of the fanbase that has lost their damn minds w/r/t his actual ability and upside.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.