Thread: Computers Video Card chat
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2023, 11:08 AM   #254
Time Keeps On Slipping

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1020 View Post
No one is outraged. The 40 series Nvidia cards are dogshit value. Every single one of them is like $200 overpriced. Even the last gen 30 series models are still overpriced and going up in price because the 40 series is selling at like a 20 year low for Nvidia.

You think the 6800 XT is trash. A card that trades blows with a 3080 is trash... for $500-550 dollars in todays market... trash...

If you want raytracing and absolutely need Nvidia to pair with your monitor, then ya, sure, go get Nvidia. That's like 10% of the gaming market.
Trading blows. That's cute. Yeah, it trades blows with ray tracing off.

If you don't want RT capabilities in your one major upgrade in like 7 years, you're conceding that you're upgrading into a dying breed of GPUs.

The 10% of the market argument is so dumb. People couldn't afford cell phones at one point too and that was 10% of the market. RT is the future. DLSS, XeSS, FSR is the future. Frame gen is the future.

You're telling BigRichard to drop $550 into a good raster card after 7 years of no upgrades vs me telling him to spend $250 more and be set for the next 7 years as DLSS and frame gen evolve AND have better raster capabilities (it's not like you're compromising on triangles with the 4070Ti).

Do I wish the card was $200 cheaper? Of course. But I wouldn't spend $550 or whatever into just good rasterization.
Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.