View Single Post
Old 07-03-2020, 11:25 AM   #131
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
As RainMan said, for those people defending this it's not really about the name so much as it as about not giving in to what they believe is a slippery slope that could eventually affect teams like the Chiefs.

I understand that concern. I get it. Because their WILL be some bitch from some organization that claims to be offended. And yeah, maybe "they" will try to go after the Chiefs once the Redskins cave.

But my hope is that common sense will prevail for the majority, and the nuance we've pointed out regarding the names would be understood.

Redskins SHOULD be changed. But teams like the Braves, Chiefs etc shouldn't. Hopefully society can tell the difference.
Chiefs isn’t a racial slur like Redskins. Chief is a pretty widely used title and term of respect used all over the business and military worlds.

I could however see them go after the Native American imagery associated with Chiefs like the Arrowhead and Drum stuff, etc. I thought the Chiefs organization had attempted to tone this down anyways in recent years?
Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.