View Single Post
Old 09-22-2020, 06:52 AM   #15571
Resident Glue Sniffer

been having some very bad luck / outcomes cooking lately. might have lost my touch.

cooked a big ribeye for my wife and I to split for dinner with a tater on Sunday. Turned out like absolute ass.
not sure if its my gas grill (yeah, I know...I havn't replaced my weber kettle yet) just doesn't get hot enough to sear or what. seasoned everything up like I normally would. outside of the meat left behind most of the seasoning when I flipped. and outside didn't even any carmelization. it was just this grey looking meat.

plus the meat thermometer I use, is a POS and it went into the trash. Digital read out, but was ALWAYS wrong. Pulled them off around 143-ish, and let rest for about 8 minutes. cut into them. way way under medium.

I need to just go back to the old method; meat over heat from coals, and push test for doneness like I used to do.
REALLY disappointed in the Weber gas grill I bought a year ago. It's good for virtually nothing. I 'might' get a good batch of burgers off it but that's it. I don't even want to cook on it anymore. in fact, Sunday was probably the 3rd time I've used it all year.

had my weber kettle since 2002 until we moved in 2018. sat outdoors uncovered the entire time. replaced the grates 3 times. awesome grill. This current gas one, just seems like it doesn't have the umph to do anything worthwhile on it.
Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.