Thread: Food and Drink Any Bourbon drinkers out there?
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2017, 09:08 AM   #882
Certified Bourbon taster

Wild Turkey 101 is a danged fine 'daily pour' bourbon. These days it's no longer an 'age statement' bottle (used to be 7 years in the not too distant past) but is usually 'mingled' from some older, some younger whiskey until it hit's a sweet taste spot. If you're making a mixed drink, an old fashioned etc...a great starting point.

I can't speak to the Wild Turkey 86 proof - I'm not a fan of lower proof boubon. With that in mind I will say that I prefer to spend a little more and buy Wild Turkey Rare Breed, which usually markets @ 117 proof or so. I buy mine @ Costco/MO - best price I've found yet. As part of my constant diet, I only get one drink per day, and when you're only having one - have a good one, as the kids say.

Last edited by BigOlChiefsfan; 11-03-2017 at 02:26 PM..
BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigOlChiefsfan is obviously part of the inner Circle.