Thread: Movies and TV Better Call Saul
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2016, 12:21 PM   #854
Deus ambulans inter homines

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Oh Kim...I mean Khatru. You just keep putting your faith in Jimmy and he just keeps burning you. Was it Chuck's fault that a con-man convinced 9 yr old Jimmy to steal from the till as well?

Jimmy's has a soft heart and a bad BAAAAD moral compass. That's not Chuck's fault, nor is Chuck the bad guy for seeing Jimmy for who he is.

It sure looks to me like Jimmy became Saul after he decided to embrace who he truly was. Despite all the hang-wringing over the 'path' that Chuck put Jimmy on, Jimmy had made partner at a successful, straight arrow firm and he intentionally sabotaged that. All the roadblocks (fair as they were) put up by Chuck had been cleared. That's on Jimmy and has nothing to do with Chuck.

It was Jimmy's realization of self that put him on the path to becoming Saul. Hell, if anything, striving to be Chuck is the only thing that pushed that off for a few years.
That's sort of the beginning of his breaking bad point you could say. He had the gift of charm, and to sniff out bs. He was trying to save his dad from himself. The sheep and wolf line stuck, and even though Jimmy makes his choices, it definitely skews his worldview that you are either playing the game or being played.

I have a feeling Jimmy isn't completely at fault for the store, even if he lifted from the register. It's never going to be so black and white, and I have a feeling someone else may be leaning on his dad, possibly for protection money, that will be the cause. The whole scene seems like a red herring to get the audience to see that brief scene and jump to forming an opinion.
Anyong Bluth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Anyong Bluth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Anyong Bluth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Anyong Bluth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Anyong Bluth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Anyong Bluth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Anyong Bluth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Anyong Bluth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Anyong Bluth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Anyong Bluth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Anyong Bluth is obviously part of the inner Circle.