Thread: Movies and TV Top 10 favorite films of the 2010s?
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2019, 09:11 AM   #51
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepPurple View Post
I would have put Whiplash in my second top 10. It is a good psychological movie much like Black Swan, but it lacked being a real thriller. Unless they pulled a Full Metal Jacket stunt and he shot JK Simmons, but that didn't happen.
Ironic you cite FMJ, I haven't watched Whiplash, but the coverage struck me as 'FMJ for jazz band.' And that sapped it of appeal.

I'm sure it's well made, but I was in jazz band and it was nothing like FMJ. And I just don't have an appetite for another narrative about learning through applied trauma.
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.