View Single Post
Old 03-26-2020, 02:07 PM   #213
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
This is who I'd have taken for the Chiefs.

He's so multi-faceted and so talented that you can run any scheme imaginable w/ him, Thornhill and Mathieu back there. And Mathieu is a cap casualty likely as soon as next season (if Jones is retained...maybe even if he isn't) at which time Delpit and Thornhill would still give you a dynamic pair of young safeties.

It isn't that I dislike Baun at all - I don't. I think he's a nice player. But I think he's a lower ceiling guy at a position we're perhaps overvaluing (I don't think he develops into the sort of 3-down Mike we're looking for; a Bobby Wagner kind of guy).

He's safe and steady as the sunrise. But if Delpit were there, I couldn't pass on him. He just brings too much to the table, IMO. You get a talent like that in your defensive backfield and you'll find a way to make him a difference-maker.
I can’t see them getting rid of Matheiu. He’s the leader of the defense and his presence alone changes everything.
I think they’ll push his money back in an extension and get rid of other high priced casualties instead like LDT, Fisher and Hitchens.

In fact, I think they’ll draft replacements for at least 2 of them this year and let them go in 2021.

This is a sneaky good OT class and I can see Andy drafting one as early as 64 if one of them is there.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.