View Single Post
Old 02-01-2021, 04:28 PM   #58
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk digler View Post
I actually tested out using ChromeBooks this past year to try do that and we ran into a couple of issues that we couldn't overcome at the time. Don't really remember what they were now but I think remote support was one issue.

With us using VDI I see no reason to spend 1k-1200K for Windows PC with all the software shit you have to put it on it to admin etc when i was doing thin clients for $300-400 each.
The overhead on Windows PC's is WAY more than the cost of the PC. Licensing, management and security software, support, etc. Microsoft is literally riding the "they've used Windows so long, they can't change" train. Most companies don't want to risk it.

There's on old saying in the infrastructure business:

"Nobody ever gets fired for selecting Microsoft, IBM, or Cisco."
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote