View Single Post
Old 07-24-2021, 06:15 PM   #8817
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
I don't think they'd dominate the league like they have in the Big 12 because the programs around them are better in the B1G.

But to act like ku would suddenly not be a basketball power is crazy.
No, but even their Big 12 dominance is a little misleading. There were four co-champs during their streak and plenty of years in which they had a late comeback and/or barely pulled it out. It was a very dominant stretch by the numbers, but it’s not as if they were vastly better than the rest every year.

There have been a lot of very good teams in the Big 12 over the years. A lot of final four/elite 8 teams. A lot of top 10ish teams.

KU would likely lose more league games due to the depth of the B1G, but I don’t see why they wouldn’t win the league fairly consistently. Every other program is a notch below. And with the changes in the CBB landscape, I expect Self’s rosters to be consistently stacked. Look at the current roster. Thanks to the portal, they’re loaded, despite years of down recruiting due to being under investigation.

Mich St is a step below KU’s level and if you look at their last two decades, they’ve won the B1G nearly every time they were a top 10 caliber team. The difference is that KU is a top 10 team every year.

Last edited by RaidersOftheCellar; 07-24-2021 at 06:32 PM..
RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.