Thread: Movies and TV Yellowstone
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2021, 03:41 PM   #167
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Lloyd briefly alluded to that. But Rip made a fair point - he isn't dead and therefore John Dutton doesn't want him to be. Again, if it's okay to kill for John, why isn't okay to let him live for John?

It's an underlying ethos that Lloyd has demonstrated for a long time and suddenly the underpinnings of it (John's word is law) don't apply?

Walker is a pretty boy douche but he's wearing the brand now. And yeah, I think they handed that out a little to freely, but it is what it is. But hey, if killing Lloyd gives Bryan more to do, I'm on board with it. I JUST realized last week that the guy who plays him is the same guy who played Midge's hipster boyfriend in Mad Men.

"You make the lie. You invent want."
"I hate to break it to you, but there is no big lie. There is no system. The universe is indifferent..."

"The cops....you can't go out there."
"You can't..."
I didn’t realize that either. Thats one of the best scenes in mad men. It’s just ****ing perfect. I rewatched Mad Men sometime this summer and there is some goddamned big headed philosophical dialogue in there. Pretty compelling shit.

Anyway Matter at hand. I think boiling it down to John’s Word is the law is handwaving some real shit that these guys built their life around. Technically, Rip is right, but I don’t have to suspend belief very much to adopt Lloyds frame of mind.

For 40 years if he does the work and keeps his shit together for John, life as he knows it is going to go on. Then all the sudden he does, and life how he knows it DOESN’T go on, it can be rattling. And Bless his heart, I live Lloyd but the character they’ve developed in the show isn’t curing cancer. And it’s difficult for most people to be objective about something close to them, anyway, I don’t have to work too hard to conclude Lloyd can’t see the forest for the trees, and it feels like the foundation his world is built on is coming apart. Some of that is the acting. That’s a hell of a performance he’s turned in since he decided to fight Ryan Bingham.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.