Thread: Music New Tool
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2019, 10:09 PM   #11
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTG#10 View Post
Disagree. While I love all of their albums 10,000 Days was every bit as good as the rest in my opinion. Lateralus is still my favorite song but Right In Two is close and the whole vibe of that album with Maynard still grieving over the loss of his mother left me every bit as satisfied as I was with the previous Tool and APC albums. I know I'm in the minority but Eat The Elephant is right up there for me as well. Maynard is by far my favorite musician of all time though, the only person that even comes close for me is Trent Reznor.
Yeah, I mean everybody has the right to their opinion. I’d say more people are in line with mine, but that doesn’t make it any more true for you. We like what we like. I still like 10,000 Days. It’s got some great stuff. Aenima and Lateralus are god tier for me though, like truly special works. They almost feel more like accomplishments than albums.

I don’t really know that I consider Maynard to be a musician though. Singer? Yeah. Songwriter? Yeah. Is he a musician though? Sure he’s been known to hop on a second guitar on stage, but I’ve never really been certain anything was even coming from it.

Last edited by Third Eye; 05-10-2019 at 11:30 PM..
Third Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliThird Eye 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli