Thread: Computers Video Card chat
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2021, 08:44 PM   #168
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayze View Post
just a random quesiton

what sort of video card and CPU would be needed to run3 monitors sub 4k res?
In this next year, I think I'm going to try to build a gaming PC. primiarly for Flight Sim, and American Truck Sim (maybe a racing game eventuallY).

wasn't sure if 3 monitors would be the way to go, or a single monitor with Track IR.I'm at the very beginning of my research on this crap.
SO you gotta think here, the amount of pixels you are pushing is huge.

4k is 4x 1080, so even if you wanted to do 3x 1080p , you are pushing 3/4 of the pixels of a 4k display. if you want to go 3x1440, now you are talking about pushing way more than a single 4k display.

And, you are talking microsoft flight simulator as well, which is VERY cpu bound. The best somewhat achievable setup out there (currently 5900x+3090 or the likes) would not be a world beater at 3x1080p

So really the answer is.. the fastest GPU can afford, with the fastest CPU you can afford. 3x 1080p is still a pretty hefty system, and you are going to want all the power you can muster.
hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.