View Single Post
Old 02-10-2020, 12:57 PM   #19
World's Best Boss

I think this thread from Pugs has to be HOC worthy.

First time in recent memory that someone on Chiefsplanet had a "friend of a friend' who turned out to be dead-on. On draft day, I was driving back from work through hail and listening to Denver's sports talk radio announce the draft. When they announced that the Chiefs just made a shocking-trade and were at first baffled at who the Chiefs even wanted, I knew exactly where they were going thanks to the thread below. The fact that Chiefsplanet gave me a more inside track about the Chiefs on draft day than most opposing front offices had is baffling and HOC worthy to me.

Even funnier is how confused/dismissive opposing fans/commentators were of the pick. One of the Denver hosts simply did not understand the Chiefs thinking here, "Why would they want DeShaun Watson, Alex Smith can do everything he can and more, why replace a top 10 guy in Alex Smith."

Other Denver host: "Because I think Andy Reid wants his Brett Favre, the big arm'd Patrick Mahomes from Texas Tech."

But that's all for another thread.

It felt like a franchise altering move then, and it feels even moreso now. I still can't believe it happened for our team

Last edited by Chiefspants; 02-10-2020 at 01:29 PM..
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.