View Single Post
Old 04-24-2024, 03:16 PM   #184
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocotillo View Post
I agree that Walker to had to be sent down, but there's also some development malpractice going on.

For instance, Walker showed some signs of life on Saturday. Look at the MLB.com summary. Walk, flies out sharply to center (102 mph), lineout in three plate appearances.

And what do the Cards do? They bench him on Sunday and Monday. No plate appearances. If they're going to do that, he might as well be in Memphis. That's just terrible decision making. No excuse for that.
Just SOME!?!?

My god, "Development Malpractice" is the operating mantra this team has worked from over 10 !@#$ing years.

What pisses me off most about Walker is that he's put me in the position of having to defend these assholes, tepid though that defense may be. They TOLD him this was a problem. They demoted him LAST year and told him to work on it. He gave them the bird.

In virtually every other case this organization has ****ed up, they're primarily responsible. As it relates to Walker, he's had a hand in his own demise here.

But truthfully, I was serious when I said I'd consider sending him to Springfield. Hammond Field down there (and the Texas League in general) plays small. You can really be rewarded for lifting the damn ball. Get him in a spot where that benefits him.

I don't think AAA is still using that rocket ball, though if they are - sure, leave him in Memphis. In either event, send him wherever he can get the most positive feedback from getting his legs into a swing and elevating the stupid baseball. Right now he thinks hard grounders are some sort of marker of success. That cannot stand.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.