View Single Post
Old 06-06-2019, 12:06 PM   #37
In BB I trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower View Post
But for the Europeans of nationalities / religions / sexual orientations that weren't being massacred by the SS, there was little difference being "liberated" by the US or the USSR.

And the world being a much more different place does not intrinsically mean it would be a worse place.
WOW. Just ****ing wow.

You realize, just as one example, that the Russians incited the Polish in Warsaw to rise up to fight the Germans, promising that their troops would be invading soon, then delayed, let the Polish get massacred (these were resistance leaders, of course, and the Soviets had no interest in seeing them survive the war to resist THEM), and THEN came in to clean up.

You're utterly delusional as to the evil of the USSR, much less blithely allowing Western Europe to suffer under Nazi occupation for some additional years.

While hte USSR would likely have won the war and taken Europe without D-Day, you would need to carefully evaluate the level of participation by the Western Allies to achieve that feat. The Russians absolutely DID NOT win the European theater "by themselves".

I can't even believe I'm having this discussion. I can understand arguments over the necessity of Hiroshima, though I firmly believe it necessary. That D-Day was entirely optional and the consequences of not launching the invasion were NOT materially detrimental to the US and its interests worldwide is stunningly naive and utterly misguided.
Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.Amnorix is obviously part of the inner Circle.