View Single Post
Old 06-24-2020, 10:26 AM   #53
left blank intentionally

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperChief View Post
I just . . . can't believe how ill-informed this take is. I take it you've never really listened to the band - maybe a few of the hits on the radio? Because if you've ever listened to Tool stuff from Lataralus-on, you're not even remotely in the ballpark. Double bass? Did you get that from the short moment in Pneuma from the OP?

Damn dude. I know how silly it is to debate "best" with such a subjective concept like art, but . . . your take is so far removed from reality. Idk.
I've seen Tool live at Ozzfest, I've heard all the albums except for the newest one (no interest), there's just not much meat on them bones. For that type of music, I can get what Tool offers from bands I like much better - stuff like King Crimson, Smashing Pumpkins, Porcupine Tree, et al

It's okay if you like them, it was just never my thing. Just like I never liked Korn all that much, or Limp Bizkit. Lots of people loved them. Never was a Creed fan. Same with Godsmack and Nickelback. Never was my thing.

For my money, Jimmy Chamberlain is probably my favorite drummer of "that style", that busy, over the top prog-rock style of playing.

Doesn't mean I'm right or wrong, but I'm a "song" guy. I really like great songs. After Opiate and Undertow, it seems like Tool quit writing songs and just do "Tool sounds". Which is cool, if you're a fan. I'm not.
rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.