Thread: Movies and TV Must Watch Series
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2019, 04:05 PM   #783
Supporter

Kind of an oddly ironic critique, I think you'll find by the end.
Don't want to spoil too much, but I think you'll find a lot of the complaints you have play into why the narrative is happening at all.
It's not earth shattering, when all is summed up. I don't think I was as disaffected by this as you were at the point you're at. But while I too found the character a self-absorbed bit of a pill, it was still amusing to watch in an anthropological sense. I enjoy plenty of stories even when I don't like the characters in a realistic sense. Doesn't even have to be anti-heroes or even outright villians [Sopranos, Breaking Bad]. Most Woody Allen characters would strain even the most placid and longsuffering of friendships.

But even if you end up disliking the entire thing, I don't think you'll have the exact same critique in the end.

Last edited by Baby Lee; 02-05-2019 at 04:11 PM..
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.