View Single Post
Old 04-12-2019, 04:05 PM   #984
MVP

And with that pick, that's a wrap for the Arizona Cardinals and this draft. Thanks for another good time.

1-001. Kyler Murray, QB, Oklahoma
2-033. Juan Thornhill, S, Virginia
3-065. Jaylon Ferguson, ER, Louisiana Tech
4-104. Khalen Saunders, NT, Western Illinois
5-140. David Sills, WR, West Virginia
6-175. Bryce Love, RB, Stanford
6-180. Kingsley Keke, DL, Texas A&M
7-250. Anthony Johnson, WR, Buffalo
7-251. Jordan Brailford, ER, Oklahoma State
7-256. Derwin Gray, OT, Maryland

I felt like I didn't really have to do a whole lot in terms of drafting purely for need with the Cardinals because they did so much in the offseason free agency period to address major issues. They went out and traded for Marcus Gilbert at RT, signed JR Sweezy and Max Garcia at OG, Darius Philon at DT, Terrell Suggs and Brooks Reed at OLB, Robert Alford at CB, Charles Clay at TE, and re-signed Larry Fitzgerald at WR.

Overall, I felt like I had to pick Kyler Murray at 1 even though I really would not as a GM of that franchise.

After that, I filled their hole at FS with the guy I feel is the biggest playmaker at DB in this draft in Thornhill.

My focus then was to upgrade as much of the defensive front seven as I could and put weapons around their QB. Ferguson is a solid deal as an edge rusher in the early 3rd. Saunders is a pocket collapsing nose that I felt was a relative steal in the 4th. Keke, who is probably a 3rd or 4th rounder I got in the 6th and would make a great 3-4 DE. I like Brailford as a developmental backup. I think that would be a good boost of talent there to develop for the future.

Offensively, I got David Sills around where I expected and Anthony Johnson far later than expected. Some sites have Johnson as a top 120 guy. I took a shot on Bryce Love returning to health. He's a thrasher with big-time speed like Jamal Charles and could be a good get in the 6th round. Gray is a mammoth dude that actually played pretty well at OT in the Big 10 but I'm not sure he has the athleticism to stick out there in the pros so I project him moving inside.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.