Thread: Movies and TV Iconic movie scenes....
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2020, 08:27 AM   #101
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderhader View Post

Was gonna name my boy Jefferson because of this movie (but had Twins and my wife wanted to match first initials; older daughter already started with a J, so do I, so we'd have had 4 'J' names in the house and it would've seemed like we did it on purpose so I had to audible). Just a phenomenal movie.

It also sent me on a bit of a "watch anything with Claude Rains in it" streak; he really turns that sort of paternalistic charm up to 11 in "Here Comes Mr. Jordan". One of the most criminally underrated actors from Hollywood's Golden Age. No idea why he stays under the radar; probably because he was mostly a career supporting actor. But it's hard to say anyone did it better.

Love that 'you've had your six' clip as well. First time I watched Dr. No was a bit after I'd seen pretty much all the rest of them and seeing Bond just flat murder someone in cold blood like that was jarring.

Favorite Bond scene:

This scene just kills me every time, especially within the context of the symbolism all throughout the movie. Ultimately there's Skyfall and then there's every other Bond movie (some truly very good ones included) far behind it. I've seen the movie over a dozen times and every time there are a handful of moments throughout it where I just say "goddamn this movie is incredible"
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.