View Single Post
Old 05-17-2022, 10:28 AM   #30
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar View Post
The regular season was completed, and they were #1 in every rating system.

I don't think many KU fans are serious about claiming a title. It's just something that's used to trigger people and it works every time.

I will say, though, that the NCAA probably should have awarded a champion or recognized it in some way, rather than having no champion. I can guarantee that if the same thing had happened in CFB, and there was a clear #1 team, that fanbase would demand to be recognized by the NCAA, claiming that it's no different than what they'd done for decades. It's funny how different the fan approach is to basketball.

Are you from CA? Just curious.
You are right. I forgot it all went down during conference tournaments. My team was already shot to hell by that point so I was focused on softball.

I am surprised the NCAA didn't do something but I am sure it was lost in the shuffle once permanence set in.

I would be OK if Kansas claimed it. It would feel strange but it is not a ridiculous claim. Just feels like Kansas has such a proud basketball history that they wouldn't need to claim a title.

No. East Coast fan. Pennsylvania.
MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote