View Single Post
Old 06-01-2020, 01:42 PM   #5
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Brasky View Post
Building a PC is like an expensive lego set. It's very clear how to do things because the slots all line up. A stick of RAM only fits in the RAM slot. You can't accidentally put the RAM where the video card goes.

The main thing with building your own is the time it takes to pick the parts, assemble the pc, and then load drivers and software vs picking out a prebuilt and putting it in the car (or shipping it to your house).

Personally, I think it would be easier to split those tasks up. Get a home theater PC that's small form factor and quiet, then get a next gen console for gaming. Their value is way better that what you can get for a gaming PC right now. Video card prices are reeruned high.

edit: I just checked Amazon for fun, and a Radeon 5700, which is essentially the same as what's going into the PS5, is $330. Building a gaming PC comparable to a PS5 would easily cost over $1k. That's a non-starter on value imo.
Just know that if I do get a PC....I will also still be getting the PS5. This isn’t going to eliminate my console gaming. I just want to be able to play certain games on PC as well. Now with that in mind....I’m not looking to get an over the top, amazing gaming PC that will play everything.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.