Thread: Movies and TV Must Watch Series
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2022, 07:53 PM   #1539
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
It's highly stylized and very youth drama, but there isn't a lot out there that can compete with its bluntness and occasional beauty.

Chick flick might fit it, but it's a little grimier and more raw than a 'girlie' show.

Did you see 'Kids' when it came out? Or the British show 'Skins' more recently.

Basically up to date exploration and dramatization of navigating the perils of being a modern teen, drinking, drugs, sex, parties, betrayals, trying to fit in, being ostrasized, ****ing up, paying the consequences, etc.

But what sets it apart is the execution. A lot of the drama is set by the cinematography and blocking. Some frames are literally a work of art. And the music and voiceovers and flashbacks and imagery are all very evocative.

It's heightened in much the same way being a near-adult teen is heightened, more dramatic, more consequential, more devastating, etc.
I’ll give it a look. Thanks. I didn’t see Skins or kids.

I did, however enjoy (shamefully) Sex Lives of College Girls. That is assuredly much lighter than Euphoria, but maybe I won’t hate the subject matter as much as I’m anticipating.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.