Thread: Other Sports Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2020, 02:17 AM   #2887
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup View Post
Multipurpose. I have never had an AR-10 platform.
As a kid my dad had a Win Mag that was a .308 or a .300, I can't remember that we used to hunt large game with. So I am curious about the purpose of an AR with that capability.
AR10 benefits are a lot like AR 15 benefits. Lightweight, large capacity but with larger bullet calibers that will reach and have more knockdown. It will be heavier than an AR 15 and longer, but probably still a good platform if you’re wanting those calibers.

65 credmore is supposedly an insanely accurate round. There is some dork out data out there suggesting it flies flat for longer. So you can really be accurate with it. I’ve never used it but the videos I’ve seen that compared it to 308 I took away that you’d have to be really ****ing good at shooting to take advantage of it. Guy I know has one (not in AR10). Since he has it I’ll venture a guess that it is a similar thing to dentists owning Porches. Technically it is a good round but most of the guys buying them and swearing by them can’t take advantage of the technical aspects.

And they’re expensive. So putting 25 rounds in an AR10 might sting a little.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.