View Single Post
Old 07-10-2020, 03:50 PM   #396
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlphg9 View Post
Ive never said the Chiefs are trying to lowball him. I actually think the Chiefs and Jones haven't been talking because the Chiefs know what it takes and don't want to disrespect him by lowballing him, but they didn't know exactly how Pats contract would go I said he wont sign a lowball offer, which in CJ's mind anything less than Frank Clark's contract is a lowball offer, in response to this

Unless im taking it wrong, "He'll settle for something reasonable" seems like a jab at CJ and means he should take less than hes worth. I don't have any insider info, but I think Jones is wanting FC's contract or maybe just a little more and that seems very reasonable to me.

You have to be joking with the hometown discount thing. This thread alone is littered with people saying he should take less to stay and turn those millions into titles! **** that. Maybe they should have given him an extension last year before they got Frank and we would have gotten him for a little less. Probably could have gotten him for $18.5-$19mil/year instead of $21 mil/year.
If they had extended Jones before last season he almost certainly would have counted more against the cap than he did. That might have precluded them from adding someone like Breeland, and their cap would be a LOT less flexible now.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.