Thread: Left Tackles
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2024, 05:02 PM   #143
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
I mean there might only be 2 of those guys in the draft. Which is 1 more than normal.

Alt and Fashanu - end of list. Fuaga is interesting in his own right but if we're dinging for arm length, his are like 1/5 of an inch longer than Morgan's. And he's less athletic or technically sound than Morgan, IMO. Fautanu is probably my OT3 and even he played RT last year (though that was evidently because Penix is a lefty and he played LT before that, so I'm less concerned there).

But if he's there at 15 am I giving up 2 first rounders and Sneed to get up and get him? When I can possibly just get Morgan or Suamataia at 32? No. not even a consideration. I think he's the clear 3rd best fit for us but I don't think he's THAT much of a sure thing.

If he slides to 24 or something and I can give up a 3 and some change next season to go get him - sure. But that strikes me as unlikely.

I just think we spend an awful lot of time picking nits on guys as though we'll EVER see someone in the late 1st that doesn't have 'em. Every single guy we draft in the Mahomes era is likely to be in the bottom 1/3 of the round. And as a consequence, every last one of those guys is going to have us shitting on them for what they're not.

Let's stop doing that.
I'm not at all. I'm of the "just keep stacking good football players" school.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.