Thread: Other Sports Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2020, 10:51 PM   #3037
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenchief View Post
Sig has an interesting pistol (MCX Canebrake) in that calibre that I'm seriously considering. Looks like it could be fun as a short of short-range plinker. Throw on a suppressor and a decent sight and I could easily practice in my yard without disturbing the neighbors.

.300AAC Blackout doesn't look like it's got the range of a typical .308 or 6.5CM so I figured it could be a good plinker as well as a good gun to keep in the truck. But the ammo just seems odd. I mean it just seems odd to consciously decide to slow bullets down that much.

I recently started reloading so your description makes it sound like this would be a good gun for reloading. While ammo doesn't seem super expensive, dialing in a good round is fun.
IIRC, the original idea was to create a round that performed much like a typical 7.62x39 (AK-47) round but in an AR-15 platform. Which it apparently does. I've never shot an animal with a 7.62x39 or a .300BO round so I can't be absolutely sure, but ballistically they seem very close.

And as a short-range plinker it probably would do just fine, so long as you're okay with the increased cost of ammo. As a truck gun it would probably be close to ideal.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.