Thread: Other Sports Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2020, 06:39 PM   #3032
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
As a general rule, I would never advise anyone who is new to reloading to begin with a rifle round. Particularly if that rifle round required forming of cases in, in this case cutting down and then necking down a piece of brass.

Of course you could always try to just buy 300 blackout brass, but if I remember correctly, it runs around $.30 per piece. Which is a little pricey. However, it may be a relatively low pressure round, so you may get multiple reloads out of each piece. I wouldn’t know about that.

Just a few things to consider. Good luck with whatever you decide.
Im not following you here? Your die set will have a case resizer and bullet seater. You will need calipers and a case trimmer. A must have is a case tumbler and walnut shell media clean and shine up for good inspection of the case before resizing. Buy good brass once fired Rem or Win I never liked Federal brass as I swear they mix something in that brass makes it softer and dents when resizing. I cussed that stuff you had to very lightly case lube and sucks to have to remove a stuck case out of your resizer. Always mark each brass I reload the last number times it was reloaded. My rule of thumb was after the 5th reload it was tossed. Every time you reload you have thinned down brass in resizing then trimmed back to case length.

Now wildcat reloading I don't recommend. That's for professionals who have experience necking down a .243 case into a .22 or .17 caliber to get a hi velocity varmint round. Many of these type wildcat rounds later became popular over the counter manufactured loads.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.