View Single Post
Old 05-22-2020, 03:14 PM   #15114
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
In case some haven't tried it, Welsh rarebit cheddar (Irish) cheese sauce is your basic awesome.

http://www.therecipehunters.com/wels...SAAEgLfEPD_BwE

Essentially a white cheddar/ale cheese sauce. Used to make a big batch of this and divide into 1 cup portions to freeze for up to a year. Great on steaks. Traditionally poured on London broil or toasted Irish soda bread. A part of me is curious how it would be on those funeral potatoes . . .

I typically use Guinness Stout (not extra Stout), Smithwick's Irish Ale for something a little different. Any darker Irish ale will work though.
I've taken to making my own 'mexican restaurant' white cheese dip. Y'know the stuff - the white cheese dip you get at every tex mex restaurant around. Nothing remotely authentic about it, but it's damn good.

Here's just the first recipe I can find for it to get started:

https://www.eatingonadime.com/mexican-white-cheese-dip/

Note - this HAS to be white American cheese. Not white cheddar, not Monterey jack. Not even that velveeta queso blanco. Look for white american cheese - it's normally pre-sliced over by the regular Kraft american slices you throw on hamburgers. If not, deli counters will have it.

Once you make a batch or two, there's no need for a recipe. It's brainless and you can do it in a microwave (which I prefer anyway for melting cheese to keep it from getting too hot, too fast).
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.