View Single Post
Old 08-08-2021, 08:33 PM   #1123
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by displacedinMN View Post
All true.

ATT almost ruined DTV.
I worked for DTV for 5 years then 2 years more as they got absorbed by ATT. They were like the Borg. I programmed the NFL Sunday Ticket streaming order flow by the way. So when I tell you how to sign up and save money, I know what I'm talking about.

I ended up transferring to the software architecture group because I thought it would be interesting. I worked from home full time and had nothing to do. I know this sounds like heaven but I hated it. I like my job, it gets me into flow state.

I complained to my boss that I had nothing to do, and he told me to create my own job. So I did. I got a side job and basically had two full time jobs for a year. That's how I paid for my big road trip to Panama.

It took me a while but I finally figured out how the whole scam worked. We would work on prototypes and proofs-of-concept, mostly for the ATT.com. We'd have a nice handoff meeting, all smiles. Then they'd just ignore it and do whatever they wanted to do anyway. We were the architecture group. But we could only suggest things.

So the boss of att.com was more than happy to say he was using our stuff - when our group did our quarterly dog and pony show to the higher up (to prove our worth basically). And my boss was more than happy for us to just do diddly - as long as our group kept getting funded. I think a lot of the other guys I worked with had side jobs or were fixing up houses all day or something. Just call into the meetings.
suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.