View Single Post
Old 02-20-2020, 12:01 PM   #190
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
I understand what you're saying but considering how many teams that are in the 3rd baseman market you could have probably managed something.

How many contenders are in the market for a 3B, though? I don’t view the market as particularly “hot.”

The Twins were but were pretty locked in on Josh Donaldson, who is better than Dozier, and they were fine with spending to add him.

The Braves were pursuing a return for Donaldson but have other young cost-controlled options in Austin Riley.

The Indians have a young top prospect coming in Nolan Jones but might have been willing to deal. Still, not a great system and I’m not sure what they’re willing to flip out of it for Dozier.

Neither Houston nor Oakland are trading for him. Neither are the Angels.

The Nats might have been a fit, but that’s really about it in the NL.

That’s really a two team (Twins and Nats) market. Worth exploring, but it’s not the same type of missed opportunity as eating money to buy prospects.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.