Thread: Computers Video Card chat
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2021, 10:14 PM   #90
Time Keeps On Slipping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofa King View Post
I'm fairly certain my card is ****ed. Bought this computer in 2011, I don't do much gaming on it. Put a new SSD in a few years ago, nothing else has really changed. It's always ran pretty well. I'm not great with these things. I open up the device manager and my NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 has a yellow triangle and says "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)"

I've tried restarting, reinstalling, etc and I can't get anything to work. My screen is zoomed way in and I have lines across my screen. Considered just getting a new GTX 1080 and calling it a day since it's about $100. I'm sure the immediate thought is to get a new computer but I don't use it enough. Is there a different fix or is that my course of action?
That's a pretty old piece of hardware, man.

You can try downloading the latest driver they had for it and see if that helps.

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx

If you're around KC, I have a Radeon 6870 that my friend borrowed and used for a few years. When he returned it some years ago, I never got around doing anything with it. It's from the same era as your 570 and still works. You can have it if you want it.
Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Pants has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote